Tuesday 2 August 2016

4 Things Not to Say to Someone with Pulmonary Hypertension

http://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/blog/2016/08/01/4-things-not-to-say-to-someone-with-pulmonary-hypertension/

"I found that after I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, I received a bunch of off-brand advice. I realize the majority of what I heard from others was an attempt to make the situation better. Unfortunately, some of the words I received at times have been hurtful despite the well intentions behind them. I began to find it quite difficult to feel like I was biting my tongue in an attempt not to hurt other people’s feelings, even though their advice felt like it was minimizing what I was going through. As a blogger, I also became scrutinized online by strangers who tried to give me unsolicited advice and “words of wisdom” that simply do not apply to my situation."

Please visit my blog Life With PH over at Pulmonary Hypertension News to read "4 Things Not to Say to Someone with Pulmonary Hypertension."

No comments:

Post a Comment